You want to study abroad but you do not want to quit your job or you are not able to manage time so online Bachelor’s degree is the best option. The online Bachelor’s degree will help you to advance professionally. On the other hand the long distance in one of the factor too. For enrolling in online Bachelor degree program you have to know the requirements and advantages and disadvantages.
The Requirements of Online Degree
The application and admission of online Bachelor’s program are quite simple and easy. Most universities offer rolling admission in online programs so do not need to wait for a specific date to apply. Further, the classes start without much delay. The requirements of enrolling is as follow;
- The high school diploma or any equivalent degree
- The transcript and the records of high school
- At least 2.00 GPA
- English language proficiency test score: IELTS Academic- 5, TOEFL iBT-60, or PTE Academic- 60. Mostly TOEFL or PTE is preferable for the United States of America.
- Letter of recommendation
- Face to face online interview
- Bank statement or the document in order to prove the ability to pay tuition fees.
Advantages of Online Bachelor’s Degree
In most of the online admission, there are no limitations for age or gap of study. So it is a great opportunity for those types of people who past their college years. Moreover, it will also help to become specialized in the desired field.
The benefits of an online Bachelor’s degree is as follow
- You have the option to set up your own schedule to attend the classes and finish the assignments.
- You do not give to be present physically on the campus to attend the classes.
- The cost of an online degree is affordable as the living cost and transportation cost can be cut up easily.
- Most online professors and instructors are friendly and they are willing to assist their online students.
Disadvantages of Online Bachelor’s Degree
Less or more everything has advantages and disadvantages too. You should also consider the downsides too after covering all the points. The disadvantages of the Online Bachelor’s Degree is as follow:
- No face to face interaction with colleagues or teachers.
- The technical problem can lead to frustration as well as delay the schedule.
- Hard to maintain the schedule if there is a lack of self-motivation and discipline.
- After performing all the courses online the student has to attend the exam and some classes on campus if it blended courses. So try to differentiate between online and blended courses.
The university offers Online Bachelor’s Degree
There are many colleges and universities in the United States of America as well as other countries in the world that offers an Online Bachelor’s Degree to the student. The renowned university that offers online Bachelor’s degree in the United States of America are as follow:
- University of Virginia
- The George Washington University
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell
- Drexel University
- California State University-Chico
- Oregon State University
- Texas Tech University
- Golden Gate University
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Washington State University
The average cost of a four-year college is $10,440 for public schools and $35,800 for non-public schools approximately. The cost varies from one university to another on the basis of the type of school and degree.
Generally, full-time students earn an online Bachelor’s Degree in four years. On the other hand, part-time students require additional time for completing the course. Further, some schools offer accelerated courses that help online students to graduate sooner.
Online Bachelor’s degree is easily available and easy to enroll. After going through the discussion you will get the generalized knowledge about Online Bachelor’s Degree programs.